What are the specific lottery events?
1) Priority College-owned Off-campus Lottery is the first lottery event. It is an option only for pre-determined eligible rising seniors and their eligible roommates
2) Senior Only Lottery is the second lottery event. It is an option only for un-assigned rising seniors who want to live with other rising seniors or in a single
3) General Lotteries are the processes for all other un-assigned students. The start times for groups in each of these lotteries will be assigned by seniority. These are the only lotteries that upper class students can “pull-up” younger students. The General Lotteries are structured by housing type and occur in the following order:
- 4-person Lottery- this lottery is available for matched roommate groups of four people.
- 3-person Lottery- this lottery is available for matched roommate groups of three people.
- Single Lottery- this lottery is available for those seeking a single
- Doubles Lottery- this lottery is available for those roommates seeking a double.
On the day of your lottery start time you are able to log in to view the available spaces once more. When your start time arrives you will be able to select from the list of available spaces. Once your time starts you will have until that event is closed to finish your selection. Other roommate groups will continue to be added to the process at established intervals.
If you are unable to choose with your intended group in a lottery event you should reorganize roommate matches before the next event starts. You will be assigned a new start time and placed in the lottery event that matches your roommate group.
How do I match with my roommate(s)?
If you are looking to live with a roommate or group of people you will need to go through the roommate matching process for your lottery event. Only fully matched roommate groups will be able to choose as a group in any lottery event. Groups should be fully matched in the afternoon the day before the event to receive a lottery start time. Roommate matching is done through MyHousing.
What are lottery start times?
Lottery start times are assigned randomly within each class year for each lottery event. You will be prompted by email to view your start time in MyHousing the day before your lottery event. Fully matched roommate groups will use the earliest start date/time of the group and any roommate can choose housing for the group.
If you feel you or your group will be unable to choose housing at your start time please contact Residence Life.
How do I view the available spaces for each lottery?
The list of available spaces is based on the gender breakdown of the students who are eligible to select in the Lottery (those who are not already assigned). A preview of available spaces will be accessible in MyHousing the day before each lottery event. You will only be able to view the available spaces for your group size. For instance four person spaces will not show if your group is made up of three people. To give you an idea of where rooms exist, you can review this document containing room configurations by building.
What is the timeline for the Housing Lottery?
Specific dates and times will be announced prior to the event in MyHousing.
Week of March 30
2-person Priority Lottery (College-owned off-campus)
3-person Priority Lottery (College-owned off-campus)
Senior-only lottery (REVISED)
Week of April 20
4-person lottery- April 21
3-person lottery- April 24
Week of April 27
Single room lottery- April 28
Double room lottery- May 1
May 1 at 3pm
May 11 at 9am
What is the Waitlist?
The Waitlist is the final phase of the housing assignment process. Each year, there are students who are not able to select their rooms through Lottery. Instead, they are assigned over the summer as rooms become available. Any eligible student who doesn’t select a room through Lottery is automatically placed on the Waitlist and will be prompted to register assignment preferences.
The Waitlist also provides an opportunity for students who selected a room through lottery to request a different assignment, should that space become available.