Room change processes during a semester and between semesters are processed differently. Read below for details on each.

How do I change rooms during the semester?

The Office of Residence Life recognizes that situations may arise that make it difficult for roommates to remain together.  In all cases, you will be advised to initially discuss roommate conflicts with your roommate and then with your Resident Advisor. Your RA will act as an impartial mediator to encourage communication.  A professional staff member in the Office of Residence Life may also meet with you and your roommate in an effort to facilitate problem resolution.  If, after discussing your concerns, you wish to move to a different housing assignment, you will follow the process below:

  1. Contact Residence Life (610 330-5335)  to schedule an appointment with the Assistant Director of Residence Life responsible for your residence hall to discuss the current rooming situation. You may also be required to meet together with your roommate and a professional staff member.
  2. If you remain interested in changing rooms, the Assistant Director will provide you with a Room Change Request form.
  3. After obtaining the necessary signatures from your current roommate(s) and RA, submit the Room Change Request Form to your Assistant Director.
  4. If a room change is approved, you must meet and obtain the signature of your new roommate. The new room key will be issued after the signed form is submitted to the Office of Residence Life.
  5. You must complete the move to the new room and return the original room key to the Office of Residence Life by the specified deadline.

Take Note:

  • Submission of the Room Change Request form does not guarantee approval.
  • Room rates vary.  A room change to a building that has a higher/lower rate will result in an adjustment to your bill.
  • You may not move prior to being issued the new room key.
  • In the case of a roommate conflict, it should be understood that the Office of Residence Life will not “move” a student at the request of his/her roommate.  One roommate must agree to look for an alternative living situation.
  • Hall or room changes will not be made during the first two weeks of each semester, except in those cases where permission is received from the Director of Residence Life.
  • All room changes, including “body for body” switches and changes within suite/apartments must be pre-approved by the Office of Residence Life.
  • Unauthorized room changes may result in disciplinary action.

How do I change rooms between the fall and spring semesters?

Details about the Spring 2021 semester housing assignment process – which will include the opportunity for students to request a change from their original assignment –  will be announced before the end of the Fall semester.