Current LLC Houses 2017 - 2018
Aviation Research Community (ARC)
International Business Conduct
Mind and Body Health House
Spanish Culture House
Women in Sports
Past LLC Houses 2012 - 2018
Breakthrough in Engineering & Society Today (B.E.S.T.)
Crossroads (Gender & Sexuality)
Economics & Society
Film & Media Studies
Hispanic Society of Lafayette
Social Justice House
Women in Science & Engineering
Requirements & Expectations
Members of Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are students with a GPA of 2.8+ and want to take the initiative to create their own learning opportunities.
With the support of the faculty/staff sponsor and Residence Life staff, LLC members plan and participate in various house events.
SPRING [prior to living in LLC]
- Meet with faculty advisor and other house members to discuss expectations & brainstorm list of possible house events
- Submit house application on LafSync
- All members must “join” the Residence Life Portal
- One member will submit an application for the group. Each member will review the application and approve its contents.
- Review educational materials about off-campus living and complete quiz
FALL/SPRING [while living in LLC]
- Attend monthly house and quarterly community meetings with the graduate intern.
- With housemates, sponsor at least 2 programs/events per month.
- Communicate regularly with faculty & the graduate intern.
- Submit program documentation and other administrative paperwork by deadlines.
- Collaborate with or attend other campus groups (other LLCs, departments, clubs, etc.) on at least ½ of house programs.
- Participate in neighborhood activities to foster a sense of community.
- Maintain a substance-free house (regardless of the age of residents, no alcohol is permitted in the house).