Current Monroe Neighborhood Houses 2020 - 2021
Audio & Visual Arts
Family Game Night
History of Global Cuisine
Java-Jam Coffee House
N.I.A.: A Sisterhood
Sustainability (Tree House)
The Green House
Women on Wall Street
Past Monroe Neighborhood Houses 2012 - 2019
Aviation Research Committee (ARC)
Breakthrough in Engineering & Society Today (B.E.S.T.)
Cooking and Baking
Crossroads (Gender & Sexuality)
Economics & Society
Film & Media Studies
Healthy Living House
Hispanic Society of Lafayette
Mind and Body Health House
Natural Disaster Relief
Social Justice House
Spanish Culture House
Women in Sports
Women in Sports (LAX)
Women in Sports (T&F)
The Tent (Christian Fellowship House)
Women in Science & Engineering
Requirements & Expectations
Members of Living Learning Community Program of Monroe Neighborhood are students with a GPA of 2.8+ and want to take the initiative to create their own learning opportunities.
With the support of the faculty/staff sponsor and Residence Life staff, members plan and participate in various house events.
SPRING [prior to living in Monroe Neighborhood]
- Meet with faculty advisor and other house members to discuss expectations & brainstorm list of possible house events
- Submit house application on OurCampus
- One member will submit an application for the group. Each member will review the application and approve its contents.
- Review educational materials about off-campus living and complete off campus quiz
FALL/SPRING [while living on Monroe]
- Attend scheduled community meetings with the Residence Life staff member advising the community.
- With housemates, sponsor at least 2 house events per month.
- Communicate regularly with faculty & Residence Life staff member.
- Submit program documentation and other administrative paperwork by deadlines.
- Participate in neighborhood activities to foster a sense of community.
- Maintain a substance-free house (regardless of the age of residents, no drugs or alcohol is permitted in the house. By Easton ordinance and college policy, open alcohol is also prohibited from the porches and grounds surrounding the houses).