Current LLC Houses 2018 - 2019
Aviation Research Community
Family Game Night
Healthy Living House
International Film House
The Tent (Christian Fellowship)
Past LLC Houses 2012 - 2018
Breakthrough in Engineering & Society Today (B.E.S.T.)
Crossroads (Gender & Sexuality)
Economics & Society
Film & Media Studies
Hispanic Society of Lafayette
Mind and Body Health House
Social Justice House
Spanish Culture House
Women in Sports
Women in Science & Engineering
Requirements & Expectations
Members of Living Learning Community Program of Monroe Neighborhood are students with a GPA of 2.8+ and want to take the initiative to create their own learning opportunities.
With the support of the faculty/staff sponsor and Residence Life staff, members plan and participate in various house events.
SPRING [prior to living in Monroe Neighborhood]
- Meet with faculty advisor and other house members to discuss expectations & brainstorm list of possible house events
- Submit house application on LafSync
- All members must “join” the Residence Life Portal
- One member will submit an application for the group. Each member will review the application and approve its contents.
- Review educational materials about off-campus living and complete quiz
FALL/SPRING [while living on Monroe]
- Attend monthly house and quarterly community meetings with the graduate intern.
- With housemates, sponsor at least 2 house events per month.
- Communicate regularly with faculty & the graduate intern.
- Submit program documentation and other administrative paperwork by deadlines.
- Participate in neighborhood activities to foster a sense of community.
- Maintain a substance-free house (regardless of the age of residents, no alcohol is permitted in the house).