Summer Housing Timeline
Summer Housing Application and Roommate Matching opens in MyHousing– Monday, March 25th
- Assignments for summer housing will not be confirmed until after May 15th.
- Summer Registration made after May 26th will take 48 hours to process. If you need housing before that time please contact the Residence Life office.
Summer Housing priority deadline- Wednesday, May 1st
- Priority consideration for summer housing assignments and roommates will be given to those who register by the deadline. After that date, requests will be accommodated in the order they are received as space is available.
Summer Housing assignments sent out by- Saturday, May 25th
- Summer housing assignments are made based on seniority, registration by priority deadline, fall 2019 assignment, and arrival and departure dates.
- If you are registered to move into summer housing when the session opens on Sunday, May 26th, you have permission to remain in your spring semester residence hall rooms until that date (i.e. through senior week and graduation).
- See details about key pick up and move in here (coming soon)
Summer Housing (temporary) move in- Sunday, May 26th at 3 p.m.
- Due to a quick transition from senior week housing to summer housing, you may be placed in temporary summer housing for the first two weeks of summer session (May 26th through June 8th). Information about transition from temporary summer housing to permanent summer housing will be sent to all students who will need to transition.
Summer Housing (permanent) transition- Saturday, June 8th
Summer Housing transition to fall assignments- Friday August 9th
Summer Housing closes- Friday, August 16th at 5 p.m.
For the 2019 summer housing session, students will be housed in:
- 421 Hamilton St (mixed singles and doubles, common kitchen)
- 512 March St (apartments 2 and 3 person, suite kitchens)
- 635 High St (singles and doubles, common kitchen)
- Easton Hall (singles and doubles, common kitchen)
- Fisher Hall West (apartments 2, 3, 4 person, suite kitchens)
- Grossman House (apartments, 6 and 5 person, suite kitchens)
- Kamine Hall (doubles, floor kitchens)
- Ramer Hall (singles and doubles, floor kitchens)
- Rubin Hall (singles and doubles, common kitchen)
- Watson Courts (4 person apartments, suite kitchens)
Personal-size refrigerators may be kept in student rooms. Due to fire safety regulations, cooking in individual student bedrooms is not allowed and appliances such as toaster ovens, hotplates, and microwaves (except those in combination fridge/microwave units manufactured by MicroFridge – see below) are prohibited in student rooms.
You may specify a preference of room type (not building) and roommate(s) through MyHousing; however, specific requests cannot be guaranteed. The majority of summer rooms are in doubles/suites; thus, you are encouraged to identify a potential roommate(s).
Roommates should be identified through the Room Selection Tab and Roommate/Suitemate drop down in MyHousing. Only FULLY MATCHED roommate groups will be housed together. A roommate can not be searched for until that person has registered for summer housing.
Watch this roommate matching video for instruction MyHousing Roommate Matching Video
Due to the limited space during temporary summer housing, please anticipate a roommate even if you have requested a single space for summer. Roommate names may not be available at the time your assignment is confirmed due to frequently changing summer housing registrations.
Summer Fees and Billing
Summer housing rates are set for weekly stays (Sunday – Saturday). Housing charges will not be adjusted to reflect stays that fall between the established weekly rate.
The summer housing rate for Summer 2019 is $110 a week (Sunday-Saturday) between Sunday May 26, 2019 until the fall semester move-in date of Saturday August 24, 2019.
Housing charges are determined by the arrival and departure dates listed on your Summer Housing Registration in your MyHousing dashboard. You must vacate housing no later than the departure date for which you have registered. Occupancy of summer housing is defined as possession of a room key and/or occupancy of a residence hall space by self and/or belongings. You should expect to incur additional housing charges for any period:
- beyond your registered departure dates
- your belongings remain in your summer room
- your keys are not returned
Requests for refunds/credits based on a change to departure dates that occur after the first day of occupancy must be made in writing prior to your departure from summer housing.
You are individually billed for summer housing unless the Office of Residence Life receives written approval from a sponsoring department that the fees are being covered by that department’s account.
Housing fees paid by the EXCEL research program, the Gateway Career Center internship program, or other sponsored departmental programs may only be applied to the summer housing term (May 26, 2019 -August 16, 2019). Any additional housing charges will be assessed to the individual student.
CABLE TV AND MICROFRIDGE
After you receive your summer housing assignment, you may contract for cable TV.
You may rent MicroFridge units for the summer months by contacting Campus Specialties. www.mymicrofridge.com 1 (800) 525-7307
During the summer session there is no formal meal plan and fewer on-campus dining options. Dining Services schedules the food service operations and will publicize facility hours. For questions about summer dining options/operations, please contact Dining Services.
If you will have a car that is not currently registered on campus, you should contact Public Safety for a free temporary permit. During the summer, students may park in any student lot. Parking restrictions related to faculty/staff designations and other specified locations (red zones, restricted spaces, etc) remain in effect, and tickets for violations will be billed to student accounts.