Summer Housing Timeline
Friday, April 1: Summer Housing Application and Roommate Matching opens in MyHousing .
Friday, May 6: Summer Housing priority deadline.
Friday, May 13: Assignments for summer housing communicated to priority applicants.
Sunday, May 22: Summer Housing begins. Transition to temporary housing may be required.
Sunday, August 14: Summer Housing ends.
- Summer Housing Applications received after the priority deadline (the last day of spring classes) will take 2-3 business days to process. There is no option for walk-up or same-day registration. Requests that do not match with approved reasons for being housed on campus during the summer may be refused.
- Priority consideration for summer housing assignments and roommates will be given to those who register by the Priority Deadline (last day of spring semester classes). After that date, requests will be accommodated in the order they are received as space is available.
- Summer housing assignments are made based on class-year seniority, roommate requests, registration by priority deadline, fall assignment, and arrival and departure dates.
- Students registered to begin summer housing on the day the summer term begins (the day following Spring Commencement) automatically have permission to remain in spring semester rooms through graduation.
- Prior to the move to permanent summer housing locations in mid-June, you may be placed in a temporary summer housing assignment. When assignment notifications are distributed, information about transition from temporary summer housing to permanent summer housing will be provided to any students who will need to transition.
For the 2022 summer housing session*, students will be housed in:
- 512 March St (apartments, 2 and 3 person occupancy, suite kitchens)
- Fisher Hall East and West (apartments, 2, 3, 4, & 7 person occupancy, suite kitchens)
- Kamine Hall (single and double rooms, floor kitchens)
- Rubin Hall (single and double rooms, building kitchen)
- Watson Courts (apartments, 3-4 person occupancy, suite kitchens)
*During the first weeks of the summer session, while the above buildings are being prepared for occupancy, other residence halls may be used for temporary summer housing.
Personal-size refrigerators may be kept in student rooms. Due to fire safety regulations, cooking in individual student bedrooms is not allowed and appliances such as toaster ovens, hotplates, and microwaves (except those in combination fridge/microwave units manufactured by MicroFridge – see below) are prohibited in student rooms.
The majority of summer rooms are in doubles and/or apartment-style units; thus, you are encouraged to identify a potential roommate(s). Students should anticipate the possibility of a roommate or suitemate even if requesting a single space for summer.
Roommate Selection will open in MyHousing on April 1st. Only FULLY MATCHED roommate groups will be housed together. Only students who have submitted a Summer Housing application can be found using the search.
Watch this roommate matching video for instruction MyHousing Roommate Matching Video
Summer Room Fee, Billing, and Financial Arrangement Options
Summer housing rates are set for weekly stays (Sunday – Saturday).
The summer housing rate for Summer 2022 is $118 a week (Sunday-Saturday) between Sunday May 22, 2022 until the fall semester move-in date of Saturday August 27, 2022. (Students continuing directly from Spring into Summer Housing will not be charged for the week of May 16th – 21st).
Housing charges are determined by the arrival and departure dates listed on your Summer Housing Application. You must vacate housing no later than the departure date for which you have registered. Occupancy of summer housing is defined as possession of a room key and/or occupancy of a residence hall space by self and/or belongings. You should expect to incur additional housing charges for any period:
- beyond your registered departure dates
- your belongings remain in your summer room
- your keys are not returned
Requests for refunds/credits based on a change to departure dates that occur after the first day of occupancy must be made in writing prior to your departure from summer housing.
You are individually billed for summer housing unless the Office of Residence Life receives written notice from a sponsoring department that the fees are being covered by that department.
Housing fees paid by the EXCEL research program, the Gateway Career Center internship program, or other sponsored departmental programs are applied to a specific time frame. Housing fees assessed outside the time frame or that exceed the amount being sponsored will be charged to the individual student.
Students who remain on campus during the summer term are encouraged to pursue on-campus employment opportunities or work locally. On-campus jobs are listed on Handshake, the Career Services job posting.
The fee for summer housing will be due 7/31/2022. Students who wish to establish specific summer term payment plans may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Financial Aid currently does not offer any additional grant assistance for summer housing. To speak with a staff member about loan options for summer term, please contact email@example.com.
Dean’s loans are for extenuating circumstances and only in cases in which the funds can be repaid. Students eligible for the loan should be employed (e.g. on-campus job/ federal work study/ EXCEL Scholar) so that the loans can be appropriately tracked and returned by the agreed upon date.
Housing fees are generally not eligible for student emergency funds. Details about the emergency fund and what is and is not eligible for consideration can be found in the online application. Specific questions about the emergency fund can be directed to Chaplain Alex Hendrickson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students who need financial or other support resources related to summer session can contact Mindy Watson (email@example.com), Case Manager, who will work to connect students with available resources both on and off-campus.
CABLE TV AND MICROFRIDGE
After you receive your summer housing assignment, you may contract for cable TV.
You may rent MicroFridge units for the summer months by contacting Campus Specialties. www.mymicrofridge.com 1 (800) 525-7307
During the summer session there is no formal meal plan and fewer on-campus dining options. Dining Services schedules the food service operations and will publicize facility hours. In addition, several businesses around Easton accept Pard Dollars which can be added online. For questions about summer dining options/operations, please contact Dining Services.
If you will have a car that is not currently registered on campus, you should contact Public Safety for a free temporary permit. During the summer, students may park in any student lot. Parking restrictions related to faculty/staff designations and other specified locations (red zones, restricted spaces, etc) remain in effect, and tickets for violations will be billed to student accounts.