To become fully Eligible for the Priority Process, students must be currently enrolled and:
- Complete and earn 100% on the Priority Off-campus Quiz (link to the quiz through the Spaces site)
- Have had a 2.5 cumulative GPA as of the beginning of the spring semester their junior year
- Be a member of the current junior class (as determined by the Registrar’s Office) as of the beginning of the spring semester
- Not be on Disciplinary Probation Level I (at time of Eligibility determination or Release) and have never been on Disciplinary Probation Level II while a student at Lafayette College
- Not have another required housing assignment for the next (senior) academic year. (ex. chapter house or other living group rosters)
All intended roommates must meet all eligibility requirements for the Priority Process to be part of a POC group. Eligible roommates may not “pull-in” ineligible roommates to their group.
*Members of the junior class who are on a leave of absence during the spring semester may participate in the process if/when reinstated for the Fall semester.
Individual students who meet all eligibility criteria will receive a subsequent notice via email that they are fully eligible to continue in the priority process. Students who meet all requirements by the deadline, will be included in the random process to offer permission for release.
APPEALS OF ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Students who do not meet one or more of the eligibility requirements and want to be included in the Priority Process, may submit an appeal. Deadlines for submission and instructions will be posted on the SPACES site.
PRIVATE OFF-CAMPUS RELEASE
Students who would like opportunity to pursue Private Off-Campus housing must become ELIGIBLE by the deadline (posted in the SPACES site) in order to be considered for a RELEASE. Eligible students will be randomized (akin to the housing lottery) and we will offer RELEASES until the approved number is reached. The number of releases we can extend is based on projected enrollment. Based on the amount of interest received, it is possible that not all interested and eligible students will be released in a given year. Students who are not selected for POC release or decline their offered release will be able to participate in any other subsequent college housing application and lottery processes.
A local landlord list will be available on the SPACES site for reference. This list includes many current rentals by our students and any new contacts the office has had with landlords interested in renting to our students.
STUDENTS MAY NOT SIGN A LEASE (OR CONTRACT), ENTER INTO A VERBAL CONTRACT, OR MAKE A FINANCIAL COMMITMENT TO A RENTAL UNIT UNLESS OFFICIALLY RELEASED BY THE OFFICE OF RESIDENCE LIFE THROUGH THIS PROCESS. Students who secure private leases outside of this process will not be excused from their College housing obligation. They will remain responsible for the full cost of their housing contract with the College for the academic year and may be referred for Student Code of Conduct charges.