Summer Housing 2017
Summer housing is offered as an extension of academic year housing. All conditions of the Code of Student Conduct 2016-17 Student Handbook and the academic year Housing Contract apply to students living in residence over the summer. Summer housing residents are responsible for adhering to the policies and procedures described in these publications and the specific summer housing terms and conditions published by the Office of Residence Life.
SUMMER HOUSING TIMELINE
Summer Housing Application and Roommate Matching opens in MyHousing– Monday, March 20th
- Assignments for summer housing will not be confirmed until after May 15th.
- Summer Registration made after May 21st will take 48 hours to process. If you need housing before that time please contact the Residence Life office.
Summer Housing priority deadline- Monday, May 1st
- Priority consideration for summer housing assignments and roommates will be given to those who register by the deadline. After that date, requests will be accommodated in the order they are received as space is available.
Summer Housing assignments sent out by- Saturday, May 20th
- Summer housing assignments are made based on seniority, registration by priority deadline, fall 2017 assignment, and arrival and departure dates.
- If you are registered to move into summer housing when the session opens on Sunday, May 21st, you have permission to remain in your spring semester residence hall rooms until that date (i.e. through senior week and graduation).
- Details about key sign out, move-in, and other procedures will be included in the assignment email.
Summer Housing (temporary) move in- Sunday, May 21st at 3 p.m.
- Due to a quick transition from senior week housing to summer housing, you may be placed in temporary summer housing for the first two weeks of summer session (May 21st through June 3rd). Information about transition from temporary summer housing to permanent summer housing will be sent to all students who will need to transition.
Summer Housing (permanent) transition- Saturday, June 3rd
Summer Housing transition to fall assignments- Friday August 11th
Summer Housing closes– Friday, August 11th at 5 p.m.
For the 2017 summer housing session, students will be housed in Fisher East, Fisher West, Grossman House, Rubin Hall, 421 Hamilton St, Conway House, 512 March Street and Watson Courts . Fisher East and West, 512 March St, Watson Courts and Grossman House contain multi-person suites that include a mixture of double and single rooms. 421 Hamilton St., Rubin Hall and Conway House contain double rooms.
Fisher East and West, Grossman House, Watson Courts and 512 March Street suites contain a kitchen. Kitchens are available in the building of traditional halls. Personal-size refrigerators may be kept in student rooms. Due to fire safety regulations, cooking in individual student bedrooms is not allowed and appliances such as toaster ovens, hotplates, and microwaves (except those in combination fridge/microwave units manufactured by MicroFridge – see below) are prohibited in student rooms.
You have the option of requesting a room type and roommate(s) through MyHousing; however, specific requests cannot be guaranteed. The majority of summer rooms are in doubles/suites; thus, you are encouraged to identify a potential roommate(s).
Roommates should be identified through the Room Selection Tab and Roommate/Suitemate drop down in MyHousing. Only FULLY MATCHED roommate groups will be housed together.
Watch this roommate matching video for instruction MyHousing Roommate Matching Video
Due to the limited space during temporary summer housing, please anticipate a roommate even if you have requested a single space for summer. Roommate names may not be available at the time your assignment is confirmed due to frequently changing summer housing registrations.
Office of Residence Life
132 Farinon Center
Easton, PA 18042
(610) 330-5703 (fax)
Monday-Friday: 8:45 a.m.-5 p.m.
8:15 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (closed noon-1 p.m.)