Things to Know about Summer Housing
- You can request a roommate(s) and your preferred living situation.
- Summer housing is billed by the week.
- You will register for specific arrival and departure dates (there is no minimum length of stay).
- If your fall semester assignment is in a building that is open for the summer you will be placed in that space, regardless of your housing requests.
- There are limited dining options on campus during the summer so be prepared to cook!
- If you are doing research with a professor over the summer, discuss with that professor whether your housing costs will be covered during this time.
- During the first two weeks of summer housing, summer students are placed in temporary housing so that their permanent summer housing spaces can be prepared (cleaning, repairs, etc).
Winter Housing runs from the evening the residence halls close at the end of the Fall semester through the Saturday before Spring semester classes begin.
Winter Housing 2017-2018
Fall Extended Stay: If you need to stay on campus after housing closes on Monday, December 18, you must submit an Extended Stay Request in My Housing. The extend stay period runs through Thursday December 21. There are no additional fees for registered extended stays.
Winter Housing: If you need housing at any point between Friday December 22, 2017 through Friday January 19, 2018, you must complete a Winter Housing application in My Housing. Winter Housing charges and the registration will be posted in mid-October.
All conditions of the Student Handbook and the academic year Housing Contract apply to students living in college housing between the Fall and Spring semesters. Winter Housing residents are responsible for adhering to the policies and procedures described in these publications and also any specific housing terms and conditions published by the Office of Residence Life for these periods.