Winter Housing runs from the evening the residence halls close at the end of the Fall semester through the Saturday before Spring semester classes begin.
Details and dates for Winter Housing 2020-21 are not currently available due to the impact of COVID-19 on our semester processes. The information below will be updated during the course of the Fall 2020 semester.
Fall Extended Stay: If you need to stay on campus after housing closes you must submit an Extended Stay Request in My Housing. There are no additional fees for registered extended stays.
Winter Housing: If you need housing at any point between the end of the Extended Stay Period and move in for the Spring semester, you must complete a Winter Housing application in My Housing. The Winter Housing fee is $114/week, $57/night.
All conditions of the Student Handbook and the academic year Housing Contract apply to students living in college housing between the Fall and Spring semesters. Winter Housing residents are responsible for adhering to the policies and procedures described in these publications and also any specific housing terms and conditions published by the Office of Residence Life for these periods.
Most normal Summer Housing processes do not apply to Summer 2020 due to COVID-19. Only students approved to be on campus are currently permitted in college housing.
Summer 2021 Housing Information will be available after Spring Break in March 2021.
Things to Know about Summer Housing
- You can request a roommate(s) and your preferred living situation.
- Summer housing is billed by the week.
- You will register for specific arrival and departure dates (there is no minimum length of stay).
- If your fall semester assignment is in a building that is open for the summer you will be placed in that space, regardless of your housing requests.
- There are limited dining options on campus during the summer so be prepared to cook!
- If you are doing research with a professor over the summer or working on campus, discuss with that professor or supervisor whether your housing costs will be covered during this time.
- During the first two weeks of summer housing, most summer students are placed in temporary housing so that their permanent summer housing spaces can be prepared (cleaning, repairs, etc).