Move-In and Move-Out
Before you move-in
- Be sure you plan to arrive at the appointed day and time. Your arrival will run smoothly if we are expecting you.
- Coordinate room furnishings with your roommate to prevent doubling up.
- Arrange optional services (cable TV, microfridge, installation of AC if approved, etc). Be sure to discuss this with your roommate as well.
- Pack what you’ll need – use this What To Bring checklist as a guide.
- The College uses extra-long twin mattresses. You may consider supporting the Residence Hall Council fundraiser by purchasing linens from Residence Hall Linens.
- If you are traveling from a distance and must ship your personal belongings, send them to your campus box. Due to limited post office storage space, items shipped should not arrive earlier than 5 days prior to your move-in.
- Returning students, be sure you have your checkpoint, ID, and mailbox key—you’ll need them.
- If you placed items in college storage, consult the pick-up schedule so you can plan accordingly.
When you arrive
- Park to avoid traffic congestion. First-years: After you unload in front of your residence hall, move vehicle to parking deck/lot or location designated by Public Safety. Fill out the Move-in Parking Tag before you arrive. Returning/transfer students: please park in a designated space/lot near your residence hall and walk to Farinon Center.
- Check-in at your designated location:
- First-year students – outside your residence hall
- Transfer students – Farinon Center
- Returning students – Farinon Center
- Sign out your key.
- ALL students will receive a checkpoint tag for residence hall access. Hold on to it—you will keep this tag until you graduate!
- Sign the Housing Contract.
- Head to your building and meet your RA/FHA (if you’re on-campus).
- Complete your Room Condition Report for accuracy to avoid damage billing for existing conditions. Sign it and return it to your RA or to the Office of Residence Life.
- If you have placed items in College storage over the summer, please refer to the pick-up schedule to retrieve them.
- Plan your departure to conform with residence hall closing dates. Staying past hall closing may result in additional housing charges.
- Close and lock windows.
- Clean and empty your refrigerator. For rental units, disconnect and leave door partially open for ventilation.
- Tidy up the room. This includes sweeping the floor, emptying trash into dumpsters or curbside, dusting furniture surfaces, and cleaning kitchen, suite bathrooms, and common areas (as applicable).*
- Verify that all college furniture is present in the room.
- Remove all personal items from drawers, closets, walls, etc.
- Lock room/exterior door as you leave.
- Return room key to either the Office of Residence Life (during business hours) or Public Safety (after business hours). If you are graduating/will not return to Lafayette, return your checkpoint tag, too.
- Last occupant to leave should place “Checkout Checklist” post-it on exterior of room door (for spring closing).
- Donate items to Green Move Out (at spring closing).
*Brooms, dustpans, vacuums, and trash bags are available through your hall staff or custodian.
Office of Residence Life
132 Farinon Center
Easton, PA 18042
(610) 330-5703 (fax)
Monday-Friday: 8:45 a.m.-5 p.m.
8:15 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (closed noon-1 p.m.)